As a new year approaches, we decided to look back on what we have accomplished in 2016 and share it with you. 2016 was a remarkable year for Eventtus. We’ve been working hard, shipped some cool things already, and you’ll start seeing even more results from this work in the new year.
Highlights of what we did in 2016
- We started the year by working on a rewrite to migrate our code base from PHP to Ruby on Rails and Go. We changed our software architecture from a monolith to a micro-services.
- We launched new features including Interactive Floor Plan, In-door Navigation, Sessions Ratings, Favorites and many more features to make events more interactive and help our customers make the most of their events.
- We officially opened our second office in Dubai to better serve our clients in UAE and GCC.
- Our team grew from 7 to a big team of 24 super energetic engineers.
- Eventtus was chosen to represent MENA region at the Global Entrepreneurship Summit at Stanford University. Our CEO, Mai Medhat was honored to join the stage with President Obama and Mark Zuckerberg.
- We have been all over the news, featured by top magazines like Entrepreneur Magazine, Forbes, Arabian Business, etc.
- Our CEO, Mai Medhat was featured on the front cover of Forbes.
- We have been chosen as one of Egypt’s most promising 20 startups by Forbes.
- Our CEO, Mai won Entrepreneur of the Year Award by Arabian Business. Also, she is one of 16 Egypt’s real influencers by Cairo Scene.
We added some great customers to our roster this year. Some big names like Dubai Expo 2020, Emirates Foundation, Dubai Trade, UAE Ministry of Finance, Informa, DMG Events, Nuqat and many more.
We have been working closely with number of great events like STEP Conference, RiseUp Summit, ArabNet, The Big 5, The Bride Show and many more.
We have seen tremendous growth in engagement using our apps.
Getting ready for 2017
2016 was a big year for us and we are ready for even bigger achievements in the new year. Stay tuned in 2017. It’s going to be our biggest year yet.
As we welcome the new year, we want to thank our clients, partners, investors and advisors for their continuous support and for always pushing us to deliver even better events’ experience.
Happy new year from all of us at Eventtus ❤️